Hi, I am Vishnu and welcome to my website! I share my thoughts about life, podcasting and other stuff here. I have been blogging for over 12 years now over various platforms until this became my permanent internet home.
What I am working on
- 👨🏻💻 I am a software engineer working in Bangalore. As of today, I am fully remote and work 5 days a week on my day job.
- 🎙 I host a podcast called Writer and Geek Show with my brother. We talk about history, science and many other things including toothbrushes. I usually spend my evenings and weekends researching on my podcast. We are currently on an extened break but will be back soon.
- 🎥 I also started a YouTube channel am not a regular. I want to make more videos, maybe later this year.
- 📷 I love photography and occasionally post my pictures on Vero. I take a lot of pictures on my phone, I use an iPhone 13 mini and a Canon 77D for photography.
- 📖 Finally, I write my reviews on this website and my personal stories on Medium since a few years.
Stuff you didn’t know
- 👨🏻💻 I started coding at the age of 15 and did freelance work to fund my music gear addiction later on. A client once gifted me his Fender Telecaster American Standard for a work I had turned around ahead of schedule.
- 💡 I was great at general knowledge and was amongst the winners of the All India General Knowledge Olympiad in 1998. I got to know about this about 5 years later since the school authorities forgot to give the awards to me or tell me about it. I remember being upset about it.
- 🎸 I self learned guitar with direction from my best friend when I was in college and was part of a college band with minimal success. Although no one appreciated our hard rock covers in college, we were the only band in four years of our college and we still feel proud!
- 🤚🏼 I was born a lefty but my parents converted me into a right handed boy. As a result I am ambidextrous for most of the things except writing and playing guitar.
How to find me
- You can reach out to me on my 🐦 Twitter handle. DM me and if you aren’t creepy I shall surely respond.
- If you something more to say, please drop me an ✉️ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Non creepy and non hate spewing emails will surely get a response.
- If you want to meet up and chat about interesting stuff like astronomy, music, podcasts, I’d be happy to buy you a ☕️ somewhere in Bangalore.
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ’crack-pot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. - Thomas J. Watson