Hello, I am Vishnu and welcome to my online hub! I share my thoughts about life, podcasting and other stuff here. I have been blogging for about 10 years now over various platforms until this became my permanent internet home.
What I am working on
- 👨🏻💻 I am a software engineer working in Bangalore. As of today, I am fully remote and work 5 days a week on my day job.
- 🎙 I host a podcast called Writer and Geek Show with my brother. We talk about history, science and many other things including toothbrushes. I spend my evenings and weekends researching on my podcast.
- 🎥 I also started a YouTube channel where I talk about productivity, life lessons and podcasts. I am still figuring out this whole thing of video production, but was able to release on video last month.
- 📷 I love photography and occasionally post my pictures on Instagram. You should follow me there. I take a lot of pictures on my phone, I use a Google Pixel 3a and a Canon 77D for photography.
- 📖 Finally, I write my thoughts and stuff on this website which is my blog since a few years. This website is a result of years of attempting to blog and trying out different ways of writing. I love simplicity hence this minimal look.
Stuff you didn't know
- 👨🏻💻 I started coding at the age of 15 and did freelance work for overseas clients to fund my music gear addiction later on. A client once gifted me his Fender Telecaster American Standard for a work I had turned around ahead of schedule.
- 💡 I was great at general knowledge and was amongst the winners of the All India General Knowledge Olympiad in 1998. I got to know about this about 5 years later since the school authorities forgot to give the awards to me or tell me about it. I remember being upset about it.
- 🎸 I self learned guitar when I was in college and was part of a college band with minimal success. Although no one appreciated our hard rock covers in college, we were the only band in four years of our college and we still feel proud!
- 🤚🏼 I was born a lefty but my parents converted me into a right handed boy. As a result I am ambidextrous for most of the things except writing and playing guitar.
How to find me
- You can reach out to me on my various social handles like 🐦 Twitter and 📸 Instagram. DM me and if you aren't creepy I shall surely respond.
- If you something more to say, please drop me an ✉️ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Non creepy and non hate spewing emails will surely get a response.
- If you want to meet up and chat about interesting stuff like astronomy, music, podcasts, I'd be happy to buy you a ☕️ somewhere in Bangalore. This is on hold due to the current situation in the world, but once this is over I am game!
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ’crack-pot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.
- Thomas J. Watson